Road Closures and Bike Routes for Tomorrow’s Tour de Tucson
More than 9,000 bicyclists will take part in tomorrow’s 2015 El Tour de Tucson. The annual event brings many benefits to our community and multiple non-profit organizations, however, drivers will need to be aware of the cyclists and plan for traffic delays.
Drivers should look for rolling traffic closures and heavy delays along the routes from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Plan for a lot of extra travel time and be aware of pedestrians and bicyclists.
The 104 mile race will kick off at 7 a.m. at Armory Park at 221 S. 6th Avenue. All races will finish at Armory Park around 5 p.m.
- The 75 mile race starts at 8:30 a.m. at Pima Community College East Campus, located on Irvington Road.
- The 55 mile race starts at 10:30 a.m. at the intersection of Swan Road and Fort Lowell Road.
- The 40 mile race starts at 2090 E. Innovation Park Drive, near Oracle Road in Oro Valley.
The event will force the following highway closures:
- I-10 & Silverlake Road closes from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- I-10 & Starr Pass Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- I-10 & Wilmot Road from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- I-10 & Craycroft Road from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- I-10 & Kolb Road from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Eastbound I-10 at Congress Street, 22nd Street and Kolb Road from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In addition, the following roads will be closed in Downtown Tucson from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- 6th Avenue between Broadway Boulevard and 22nd Street
- 6th Avenue and 12th Street
- 6th Avenue and 13th Street
- 5th Avenue and 12th Street
- 5th Avenue and 13th Street
- Arizona Avenue at 12th and 13th Street
- 22nd Street from 6th Avenue to the westbound I-10 frontage lanes
See the link below for detailed course routes: